Saturday, January 9, 2010

The other day I was kind of down ...

Dec 19, 2009 - I read a very touchy poem, wrote by Jessica Perez, 14 years ("punkprincess64"). Unfortunately I was also in a very bad mood. I missed Ira so much. And of course, this "push" myself deeply dropped when I read the poem. I like the poem very much and wish to put it here in my blog. Therefore I left a note to Jess and ask her permission to do it. She replied the next day, but I was s busy with other duties and just opened it today (more than 3 weeks after I request). Jess give me her permission ... thank you Jess.


This is her poem ...


I TOLD YOU (by Jessica Perez)
The other day I was kind of down
So I decided, I'm goin on a walk
I walked for a while until I found a place to sit
Then, I felt the need to talk
I looked up at the sky
Hoping to see you
Up in the clouds
Didn't know where to talk to
I decided you must be up there
Cause that's where you belong
Over the rainbow
Like that one old song
I asked you how you're holdin up
Are you doin okay
I couldn't get very many words out
But I had so much to say
I told you that I miss you
Every minute of every day
I asked you why you left
Why you had to go away
I did something then
That I hadn't really done in a while
I looked up at the sky
and I started to smile
Then I couldn't help it
I started crying
I still can't believe your gone
I never planned on you dying
Then I looked up again
I told you a lot
I told you that with you gone
I'm all I've got
I told you how much it hurts somedays
How in science I want to cry
But to avoid making a scene
I won't break down if I really try
then I asked you what's it like
To not be here anymore
Does it feel good to never wake up
And realize your neck is sore?
Then I realized it was getting dark
But I had one more thing to say
I said I'd never forget you
And then I walked away

(this is to remember Alicia 6/26/1996-2/24/2009)


Isn't it beautiful? So touchy. Thank you again Jess ... on behalf of Ira my wife and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment